I really like Rory’s idea of the Awards being seen as being gifts rather than nominations, and as Rory explains so well himself, here is his explanation of award gifting…
I use the term ‘gifting’.
These awards are not true nominations, they are one stop awards. Now this means, that if you are gifted, you are under no bound obligation to pay it forwards or gift it forwards yourselves and can simply accept them as the gifted compliments to your blog that they are.
You do not have to answer any of the questions unless you so choose to do so, you do not have to further gift out if you do not choose to do so either.
Whilst there are many variations of TSBA doing the rounds – there is always a mixture of the original rules. Whilst l will always answer the questions asked of me whatever the number, l will ONLY ever ask 5 questions maximum of those that l gift to, as l think that is a much fairer number.
A BIG Thank You to Rory who blogs over at A Guy Called Bloke for this gift of the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am really thrilled to receive it! As is stated below, the award is for bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring and I am truly honoured that someone would think that I am deserving of such an award! If you have not been to Rory’s blog then I can assure you that it is worth checking out! Rory is a very fun blogger and is kind, welcoming and warm-hearted, he has a fantastic blog about all sorts of different things, from gardening, eco-matters, blog games, stories and so many other interesting things, there is sure to be something that you will enjoy! You can find his blog here; it’s definitely worth checking out!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring – people who spread “sunshine” to the blogging world!
- Thank whoever gifted you and include a link to their blog
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post and display the Guidance.
- Answer the questions from the person who gifted you the Award.
- Choose 3 bloggers that you wish to gift the Award to.
- Ask 5 questions of your choice.
- Notify those you gift the Award to.
- Answer the Questions
- If you could do something a bit naughty every day and not get caught, what would you do?
I think that I would become a modern day Robin Hood of sorts and steal food from supermarkets and donate the items to local foodbanks so that the poorer people of the community would have access to more products.
- What are the unwritten rules to blogging?
This is a hard one given that there are so many different blog posts about blogging, the do’s and don’ts, guidelines and books that give so many different rules. My personal unwritten rules are to always be true to yourself, have confidence in what you write, have fun with your blog and if you have any ideas then try them out and see what happens!
- What kind of cult would you like to start?
I’m sure I am already a member of the blogging cult and, as a stationery obsessed woman, I seem to have fallen into some kind of cult with that! The cult I would really like to start is one where everyone is nice to each other and gives each person the respect that they deserve, helps each other and doesn’t judge another because of their background, beliefs or actions, rather understands where those things came from.
- Is a HotDog a sandwich, a roll or an overheated K9?
Definitely an overheated K9!!!
- What is the most creative, inventive and imaginative insult you can come up with?
Blasphemous peanut headed twit warbler.
My Questions for my Giftees
- If you had to choose one job to do for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is your favourite way to unwind after a long day?
- If you could dance like no one was watching, what dance would you do and to what track?
- What is your favourite word and why?
- What is the hardest thing about blogging?
I choose to gift the Sunshine Blogger Award to …
The Pretend Grown Up