With so many shops abandoning the high street, many of us are turning to buy our clothes on-line. Here are my Top 10 tips to take into consideration when buying clothing on-line.
- Check the sizing – most sellers provide clothing sizes and measurements, check both as the UK sizing can vary so much from garment to garment and place to place.
- Read reviews. More often than not, the reviews will give you extra information about the sizing, style and fabric as well as how well the item is made.
- Check out 5 or 6 different sellers and check the pricing, I have found that the same piece of clothing is for sale at several different price points from different sellers.
- Check how much delivery will cost. Some places offer free delivery while others can charge a lot. Also, check how long delivery will take.
- Check the returns policy and whether the company offer free returns. Also, look at the returns policy.
- Don’t be afraid to ask any questions, either of the other people who have left reviews or of the seller.
- Know how to contact the seller in case you need to speak to them regarding the order, any questions you may have or for information on how to return the item if necessary.
- Search for the item on Instagram or google image search to find images of real people wearing the clothes, you will get a real idea of how the item fits, hangs and wears.
- Remember that the colours shown on-screen are not always true to life, what may look bright green on the screen may, in reality, be a muddy moss green. All screens show colours in different ways and could have been edited to show details rather than the true colour.
- Don’t get your hopes up about the item until you receive it and try it on. Sometimes even the best research and reading of reviews can leave you with an item that is not as described. On the other hand, I have been pleasantly surprised by what I have received too!