I think it is always a good idea when starting something that you have some kind of goal to aim for, a list of things you can cross off once you have achieved them and something to look back on from time to time so you can assess how things are coming along. A list of goals helps me to stay focused and concentrate on what is important to me. Today I am sharing my goals for this blog, and what I will do to achieve them.
- Blog Schedule. Aside from December (That schedule was a bit mad) I try to post on a Tuesday and a Friday. This seems to suit me as I have a few days in which to be able to research, take photographs and write my post. My goal for this year is to try and keep up with a 2 post a week schedule and try not to deviate from posting on a tuesday and a friday.
- Follows and Likes. Currently my followers stands at 70 and I get maybe 2 or 3 likes on some of my posts. I’d really like to get 150 followers by the end of the year and a few likes on each post I make.
- Twitter. Now that I have a Twitter account set up I’d like to learn how it works fully and start following people that I’m interested in and become involved in blog conversations on there.
- Interaction/Networking. While I follow a handful of blogs and read their posts on a day-to-day basis I rarely comment on their content. I am going to start to make an effort to comment at least once a week on posts that really resonate with me. I would also like to start networking with other bloggers who write about similar things as me and feel that twitter will help me with this.
- Social Media. I am going to try to up my game when it comes to social media and post content more regularly on the social media I already have set up (Twitter and Instagram). Hopefully, by posting more content I will attract some new readers and followers along the way!
- Photography. While I have a degree in Photographic Art I don’t feel that the photos I take on this blog live up to my capabilities. I feel that I need to work on setting up my images and work on the lighting aspect of the photo. I really want to be able to take more photos in a fashion and advertising style to fit my blog style.
Do you have any blog goals for this year?
I think it’s always a really nice idea, at the end of a month, just to sit down and think about some things that you want to achieve in the following month. I am going to share with you, today, my little list of goals I want to achieve this month. I have split my list into 4 sections covering my blog and social media, home, art and craft and personal. Here are the goals I’d like to achieve this coming month.
Blog and Social Media
- Stay on track with my blog routine. December was a mad month for blog posts, I more than doubled the usual amount of posts because I wanted to share so much about Christmas and Christmas Ideas but now that is all over I’m going to try to get back to my usual routine of posting on a Tuesday and Friday.
- Share more on social media. Especially Facebook and Instagram. Though I have got these platforms, I haven’t been using them a great deal for one reason or another so this month I am setting a goal to share at least one blog post image or the link to the blog post to these sites.
- Change my blog domain. Upgrade my blog extension from a wordpress.com extension to a co.uk or another extension to make it easier to share my site across social media platforms and make it easier for people to find my blog.
- Defrost freezer and deep clean fridge. I really like to do this in the New Year, not only do I get to have a nice clean fridge and freezer I can also take stock of everything that I have got in there, decide what needs using up, what I could do with getting rid of and what I need to stock up on!
- Wash Sofa Covers. I tend to do this job every few months and love how fresh my room smells once the covers are back in place.
- Create a cleaning timetable. When I lived in my other house I had a cleaning timetable in place but since moving I’ve not really had one. A cleaning timetable helps me to remember to do things like make sure the right bins go out on the correct day. This month I want to create a new timetable and write it into my home planner and (try to) stick to it.
Art and Craft
- Make some more candles. I made some candles the other month and would like to make some more as it was really fun and a great way to relax and it means I will always have something to gift as presents. I’d also like to research methods of making candles as there are so many different techniques!
- Start making cards again. I used to make lots of cards and even started to sell them for charity a long time ago. I’d like to get back into making and giving my own cards to friends and family as it is a bit more personal and special than buying shop bought cards.
- Start a scrapbook/journal. This is something that, again, I used to do years ago and am thinking that I would like to start doing again. I have a La De Dah Journal already which would be perfect as a scrap journal. There are lots of different papers you can buy to add to the journal and so many different ways to use the pages that it would be the perfect choice for what I’d like to do.
- Work on Lettering. I bought a dot grid book a short while ago so I could start working on my own lettering and create my own alphabets to use in my journal. I think that cold, dark, January would be the perfect time to start on this project.
- Finish reading The Snowman. I started reading this book back in September just before I got diagnosed with stress and anxiety. Since then, because of my medication and symptoms associated with my mental health, my concentration levels have meant that reading a book or watching a tv show have been hard work. I’d really like to finish this book by the end of January.
- Plan another craft event. I really enjoyed hosting my Crafternoon in aid of Mind and it got me thinking about maybe hosting a craft group every few months where I can get my friends together and we can learn new crafting skills together. After talking to everyone that came to my event it seems that this is something that they would all be interested in.
- Arrange another trip to London. My brother and his family live in London and I really want to go and visit them again so this month I will try to make some plans to visit in the near future (hopefully end of Jan or Feb sometime!).
- Go out for the day. Since I have been unwell I have really struggled with basic things like shopping and running errands let alone visiting friends and going places. Leaving the house in general has been a daily struggle as my anxiety seems to build so much that I can’t seem to even step outside my front door. This month I would really like to make a change to that and am going to plan a day out somewhere, even if it’s to the local shopping centre or park.
What is on your goals list this month?