I decided at the beginning of the year that I would not make any Resolutions or yearly goals but, rather, make monthly ones that were more easily obtainable, you can find all my Monthly Goal posts here.
Today I am looking at the goals I set myself last month and whether I achieved them and setting myself goals for July.
Here are last month’s goals and whether I managed them!
Blog and Social Media
- Update Media Kit.
- I have been making more of an effort to comment on Instagram more but have not really made an effort with Twitter yet. This is something that I want to work on more this month.
- Share more unique content on Social Media Channels. I have added a few more things to Instagram that are “unique” to that platform but I want to start making more of an effort to add content that is not always blog orientated on both Instagram and Twitter. I think that this goal and the above goal are things that I really need to start getting used to and are not in my comfort zone at the moment, they will take effort but hopefully, this effort will become routine after a while.
- Advertise for Saturday Shout Out in a better way. I’ve not yet figured out a better way to advertise for my Saturday Shout Out section yet, currently, I advertise through my blog, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram, however, I’m pretty sure there is a more effective way of advertising this.
- Paint kitchen. I have still not gotten around to this yet. The time I had planned on doing this, over the course of a few days, was a time that I came down with a sickness bug. I’m now hoping to schedule some time in to get it done this month.
- Sort shelves in the bedroom wardrobe. I’ve not done this, partly because the weather, which has been cold and rainy one day and hot the next, has meant that I have been switching between jumpers, long-sleeved tops, and vest tops and partly because I have been thinking of how to organize my clothes more effectively. I have now bought some storage baskets that I think will be perfect for the job so will make time this month to get the wardrobe shelves sorted.
- Plan Barbecue for 1 year house anniversary. I decided not to hold a barbecue as I had not been too well coming up to the anniversary but am now considering having a barbecue and celebration as part of my Mind Crafternoon this month.
- Sand down pallets and decide whether to varnish, wax or cover them to make a bed base. I decided against starting this project until I have decided what I am doing with my current bed base. I have decided that I will use my current mattress though and that I am going to cover the pallets with some kind of carpet so sanding down the pallets doesn’t really need to be done.
Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, and Interests
- Create a wildflower bed in the garden. I did this! You can find out what I did and see some pictures in this post.
- Plant peas and beans. I didn’t get this done as we had some really heavy rain and not the best weather this past month. I was worried that as the plants started to grow that the weather would damage them. Now the weather is improving I am going to sow the seeds in the next few days. I’m hoping that I haven’t left it too late though.
- Plant Sweet Peas. I didn’t sow these either for the same reasons as above. I’m not sure whether I have now missed the sowing season and need to do some reading around whether it is worth sowing these now or waiting until next year.
- Decide where to place rose and lavender and plant. I have planted out my lavender and have plans of where to plant my rose bush so I’d say that this goal has been achieved mostly!
- Plan food and finalize activities for my Mind Crafternoon. I now have concrete plans for the activities for my Crafternoon and am considering having a barbecue later in the afternoon, serving salad and snacks alongside burgers and other barbecue foods!
- Work on book notes. I have made a few more notes for my book but I feel that I have not made as much progress as I wanted too. That being said, any progress is good progress, right?
- Read another book. I have finished reading 2 books this month, one of them I reviewed in this post.
- Meal plan for work lunches. I did a rough meal plan for my work lunches but seemed to stick to sandwiches a lot, though I did make myself some pasta dishes that I had for lunch too.
- Plan and pack for Bloggers Bash. This was something that I had to do in order to travel to London, but my main goal with this was to pack in a more thoughtful way and carry less with me. I ended up using a smaller bag which in turn led me to think about the things I needed and I did end up with a lighter, smaller bag and less to carry around with me!
- Work on ‘time’ schedule. I have been experimenting with how I utilize my time and am working out the best schedule for me. At the moment I am finding that having specific days for specific tasks seems to be working pretty well and I am going to see how that pans out over the next week or so before committing to it.
I feel that this month, while I have managed to achieve goals in some areas, I have fallen short in others but I have valid reasons so am not too disappointed in myself, and there is always this month to work on those things too.
My Goals for July
Blog and Social Media
- Re-design all my header graphics and social media graphics. I have an idea of where I want to go with my graphics and want to make them more cohesive and identifiable as my brand.
- Work on Blog Awards. I have been lucky enough to have been gifted a few more awards and am planning on working on these this month!
- Find more bloggers to take part in my Saturday Shout Out slot! I have a few spaces left for July and it would be nice to have those filled up, written and scheduled soon!
- Clean the house and prepare for my Mind Crafternoon. I want to have everywhere looking its best for my guests on the day so I’m planning on getting my carpets cleaned, doing some dusting and scrubbing everywhere until it sparkles!
- Take some recycling to the tip. I have a lot of cardboard that needs to go, and while we have a cardboard collection scheme I have managed to miss it for a few weeks so it has accumulated and would be easier for me to take to the recycling point at the local tip rather than wait another week.
- Mow the lawn. I really need to do this if I am going to host a barbecue later in the month!
Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, and Interests
- Get all the craft things together that I will need for my Mind Crafternoon. The sooner I get this bit done the better as Its one less thing that I will need to think about!
- Get the invites for my Mind Crafternoon sent out.
- Dig my other flower bed and get my rose bush planted.
- Read 2 books this month.
- Drink more water.
- Be more mindful of what I’m eating and try to make better food choices.
- Try to get to bed early at least 2 nights week.
That’s all my goals for the month! What goals do you have for June? I’d love to hear what your plans and ideas are in the comments!