I decided at the beginning of the year that I would not make any Resolutions or yearly goals but, rather, make monthly ones that were more easily obtainable, you can find all my Monthly Goalposts here.
Today I am looking at the goals I set myself last month and whether I achieved them and setting myself goals for July.
Here are last month’s goals and whether I managed them!
Blog and Social Media
- Research Email Subscription services. I have looked at a few different providers and think that it is not really something that I would want to add to this blog, however, I am thinking about setting up MailChimp for my business site.
- Learn how to use Later. In all honesty, this is something I added and have totally forgotten about. As much as I’d like to start using my social media more, and scheduling posts will take a lot of pressure off, I’m currently having a re-think of my social media channels and how I use them so right now Later is not something that is a priority.
- Finish painting the kitchen!
- Paint the coving in my bedroom.
- Shampoo and clean living room rug.
All of these have been put to one side for the moment. I have managed to damage my rotator cuff in my left shoulder and any kind of stretching movement is really painful, even driving has been horrible this past week.
Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, and Interests
- Take more photos using my Flatlay Kit. I have been practising taking flatlay photos and using my kit even though the photos have not ended up on the blog or Instagram this month. I have been enjoying playing around and seeing how all the different elements work together though!
- Work on my book notes. While my book is nowhere near completion I am pleased to say that I made time (one afternoon when it was rainy) to settle down and make some more notes. I also read over the notes I have already made and added more info to them!
- Bullet Journal. I have worked on both my current, and next year’s journal and have a blog schedule plan sorted for the next year too (though many of the items I have added are category headings only, I will be working on the content part over the next few months!)
- Food with Mum and Dad. I did want to invite my Mum and Dad up for food but with holidays and other things, it didn’t happen. I did, however, go and have food at my Mum and Dads when my brother was down from London over August Bank Holiday which was really lovely!
- Set up Business. This is one that I am super proud of, from writing that I wanted to start setting everything up, thinking that it would take me forever, to today, where I am on the countdown to launch! I can’t believe how much I have achieved with this goal in only a month! And there are 4 days left until the big reveal!!!!
I feel like August went by in the blink of an eye but I am really surprised and pleased at what I was able to achieve even with a bad shoulder!
Here are this month’s goals…
Goals for September
Blog and Social Media
- Plan something to mark my blog turning 1.
- Prepare for Blogtober. I can’t decide whether to do a themed month of posts for October…and I have no idea on a theme either! If you have any suggestions, or if you will be taking part let me know in the comments!
- Sort Summer and Winter clothes. Wash and mend any summer items and start to put them away. Get out winter clothes, wash, iron and hang up ready for the chilly days to kick in.
- End of Summer house deep clean. I love to get the house really clean at the end of one season/start of a new season, and with sorting out my clothes it should get me in the mood for sorting and cleaning everywhere else too!
Arts, Crafts, Hobbies and Interests
- Rory of A Guy Called Bloke sent me some really lovely ties a short while ago for a craft project. I’m itching to make a start on it!
- I downloaded an art/drawing/graphics software and want to start to learn how to use it.
- Read another book. I have so many books to be read and have seemed to add more than read. Ticking off another as read would be brilliant!
- I’ve got a bit behind with the blogs I follow over the last few weeks and want to get back up to speed with that. I have a new method of keeping on top of that though so we will see how that works out!
- Make an appointment to see the doctor about my shoulder and also my eczema.
- Start planning what I want to get people for Christmas and get the shopping underway.
These are my goals for September, what are yours? I’d love to know in the comments!