Another Thursday and another Top 10! This time I’m sharing my Top 10 Places to Visit.
- The beach. Living where I do in South Wales I’m not too far away from some spectacular beaches and I think there is nothing better than beach walks any time of the year.
- Parks. I love being outdoors and going to the park, seeing the different coloured leaves on the trees and keeping an eye out for different animals that I may spot.
- St Fagans. I love visiting St Fagans, I try to go every few years and have a walk around. I love that you can go into the buildings and have a look around and get a feel for how life was in years past.
- Cardiff City Centre. There is so much to do in Cardiff…Independent shops, shopping arcades, a castle, museum, fab pubs…well worth a visit!
- Bath. I love Bath, again, so much to do from independent shops to Roman Baths, a spa and lovely places to eat too.
- Museums. There is something about visiting a museum that I really enjoy, not only do I learn things but the atmosphere has a really calming effect on me. Always worth a visit when its cold or raining!
- Tate Modern. I’ve been to the Tate twice, once to see a Damien Hirst exhibition and the other time to see the Shape of Light exhibition. I have not really ventured around any of the galleries yet but I really want to go again. Visiting art galleries can help with creative ideas and it’s always interesting to see the different types of mediums artists use.
- Book Shops. Wherever I go I usually end up in a book shop somewhere. There is something really lovely about spending time browsing in bookshops and I normally come away with a few to add to my collection!
- Markets. I love markets. There is such a selection of different items on show and available to purchase. And some markets hold special events, like craft markets or food market days which are really worth checking out.
- Abbeys – Tintern Abbey and Llanthony Priory in particular. I love heading to an abbey with my camera and a picnic in the summer months and having a leisurely walk around, taking in the architecture and atmosphere.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Today, because if it being Valentine’s and all that, I thought I would share my Top 10 Love Songs. These are in no particular order…
- Take That – A Million Love Songs
- Queen – Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- The Cure – Friday I’m In Love
- Foo Fighters – Everlong
- Madness – It Must Be Love
- UB40 – Falling In Love With You
- Shania Twain – You’re Still The One
- The Beautiful South – A Little Time
- Savage Garden – I Knew I Loved You
- Donna Lewis – I Love You, Always, Forever.
Today’s Top 10 Thursday post is a list of things that I should be doing but keep putting off for one reason or another…I’m sure we have all got a list like that?
- Making an eye test appointment.
- Sorting out Spare Oom (aka Narnia).
- Meal Planning.
- Sorting through all my make-up and cleaning out where it is stored.
- De-brambling the garden.
- Fixing my printer.
- Running a backup of all my laptop files and photos.
- Tidying my desk/”office space”.
Instead, I’m making a list of these things whilst sitting in my pyjamas and blogging about it. And in a minute i intend to make myself a coffee and catch up on blogs whilst wrapped in my blanket!
Another Thursday and you know what that means? Another Top 10 Thursday!!!! Today’s top 10 are my favorite bands and albums, in no particular order.
- Blur – Parklife
- Space – Spiders
- The Doves – Lost Souls
- Genesis – Calling All Stations
- Marilyn Manson – Mechanical Animals
- Eels – Daisies of the Galaxy
- Emerson, Lake and Palmer – Brain Salad Surgery
- Greenday – Dookie
- Gomez – Bring It On
- Radiohead – The Bends
I’m starting a new series on the blog…Top 10’s! This series will be a list of 10 things and will cover all manner of subjects and will be posted each thursday! To kick off the series today I’m posting a list of the top 10 things to do when it’s cold…
- Go for a walk. Bundle yourself up in your warmest clothes and coat and, so long as the weather is dry and cold, go for a walk somewhere.
- Visit a Cafe. Go to a local cafe and order a hot drink, sit in the window and people watch for an hour.
- Read a book. Make yourself cozy with a hot chocolate and a blanket, curl up on the sofa and read a good book.
- Take a long, hot bath. Run a lovely hot bath, use your favorite bath products and treat yourself to a lovely pamper session.
- Watch a film. Invite friends over, stock up on snacks and watch a feel good film.
- Stay in your pjs all day. Or better still, warm up nice fresh ones on the radiator and put them on.
- Catch up on your favorite shows. Or start watching a series you have been wanting to watch.
- Do some gardening. Put on some old clothes, layer up and get out into the garden and do some tidying and pruning if the day is dry.
- Start a Jigsaw. It’s a fab way to spend time, and there is a sense of accomplishment in finishing one too.
- Visit a local pub for food. Go out and treat yourself to dinner in a local pub (not a chain one though – a traditional village type pub!).