Everyone, at some time or other has experienced a bout of stress or anxiety of some kind, and in today’s culture of being constantly busy, switched on and contactable the number of cases of stress and anxiety are rising. I have stress and anxiety related mental health issues and have started to learn some of the triggers but even knowing what can start anxiety and stress doesn’t help to stop the feelings from coming. Today I am sharing my top 10 ways to relieve stress and anxiety when they do happen.
- Listen to a podcast
- Read a book
- Practice mindfulness (Calm is a fab app that I use regularly)
- Have a bath with essential oils (I find lavender and basil to both help relax me)
- Switch off all electronic devices even for half an hour
- Do a jigsaw
- Get out a colouring book or sketch pad and doodle
- Go for a walk
- Clean (I like to hoover the floors or even do some ironing)
What are some of your favourite ways to relieve stress and anxiety? I’d be really interested to hear so leave me a comment!