I love having a bit of spare time in my week and try to schedule in a few hours here and there where I have nothing planned. Today’s Top 10 Thursday post is a list of ways I like to spend that spare time.
- Reading – whether it is a book, blog posts or a magazine, there is nothing better than losing yourself in words for an hour or so.
- Blogging – I can spend so much time on my blog, from writing and scheduling posts to developing ideas and networking, it is one of my favourite hobbies.
- Learning – I love to learn new skills, whether it is something crafty, a new recipe, something tech-related or building on skills that I already have, this is something that is really useful as well as being a good way to spend free time.
- Gaming – I am not a huge gamer but I do have a few apps on my phone which I like to play every now and again. I also have an original Playstation that I dust off once in a while.
- Designing – I love to sit with my laptop and play around with ideas and designs for logos and graphics.
- Watch a film – I don’t watch a lot of tv, when it is on it is usually for background noise rather than to actively watch it. I do like to watch a film though, my phone goes into silent mode and I can spend a few undistracted hours lost in the film plot.
- Sleeping – I don’t always get a good night sleep, partly because I have bouts of awful insomnia and partly, most recently, because of damaging my rotator cuff muscles, so sleep is a perfect way to spend time at the moment.
- Gardening – I love pottering about in the garden when the weather allows it and there is always something to do out there. I love how being out in the open, working away, can make you feel more positive and rejuvenated.
- DIY – There is always some small, niggly job that needs doing, and with the help of YouTube and other sites giving advice, help and how-to’s much DIY can be carried out by yourself. I love spending time fixing things and other DIY activities as I fell pretty proud of myself once I have completed them! Plus I get to learn something new along the way!
- Mindfulness – I always try to factor in at least half an hour each day for mindfulness practice but having more time means that I can spend longer on this. There are so many positive outcomes of practising mindfulness that I find it the most beneficial use of my time.
How do you like to spend your time? Let me know the comments!