This week marks a year of being in my own home and the time has really flown by, and while I have most things there are still things I wish for. Today’s post is about the things on my wish list.
- A wheelbarrow. I’m not sure whether I will always want or even need one, but for sorting my garden out, and to make it easier to move dirt and stones around in the garden this is something that I think could come in useful for the moment.
- Secateurs. I’ve been borrowing my Mum’s pair and they have come in more than useful this past few months so I think that investing in my own pair would be really beneficial.
- A good tin opener, does such a thing even exits though? The one that I have seems to like skipping and sticking, mangling the can rather than being efficient and opening things with ease.
- An ice cream scoop. I honestly can not believe that I don’t own one yet! I tend to use a large serving spoon which has sufficed until now.
- New tea towels. When I moved in I had loads but now I hardly have any and I don’t have the foggiest idea where they have all disappeared to!
- A small wardrobe or cupboard for downstairs that I can hang coats in and store my mop, bucket, and hoover in.
- A bookshelf for the spare room. I have been looking for the perfect sized one to fit into the alcove for such a long time but can’t seem to find one that fits.
- A Welsh dresser for my bathroom. I have a space in the bathroom that is dead space and a Welsh dresser would be perfect to put there to store my towels and other bathroom bits in while being able to display my plants and other pretty things on.
- Rugs. I have been searching for the perfect rugs, both for downstairs and in the hallway, since I moved in, I have an idea of what I want but am still waiting to find the perfect ones.
- Lawn mower and strimmer. My friend currently comes and mows my lawn using his mower but having my own means that I can get out and cut the grass myself. Having both a mower and strimmer would be the best option as my grass grows stupid fast so strimming before mowing would make things so much easier!
I think that everyone who has a home always has some item they want or need on their wishlist, what is on yours? Let me know in the comments!