I am celebrating a year in my own home and I thought it would be nice to look back at the whole year since moving and note my Top 10 Achievements since moving.
- I have become more confident. This confidence can be seen in all aspects of my life, from making decisions to getting things done. I now worry less about whether I can do something and am more willing to give things a try.
- I have learned new skills. I have learned about painting, decorating, fixing things, money management, life skills, creative skills, cooking and a whole ton more.
- I have made new friends and rekindled some old friendships. I wouldn’t say that I have no friends but when it comes to having friends I like to keep my group small, that said I have made a lovely friend in my neighbor and I have rekindled friendships with old friends.
- I am content to spend time alone. I used to feel uneasy with spending time alone and was never really sure of how to spend that time. Now, I am happy just to sit and chill and spend time alone, in fact, I really quite enjoy it.
- I have worked on my mental health. I had a really rough time with my mental health back in September which cumulated in me taking a break from work for nearly 5 months. In that time I started taking medication for stress, anxiety, and depression. Since then I have become more aware of my mental health and how I’m feeling on a day to day basis. This awareness has helped me to identify triggers and develop some coping mechanisms which I call on daily.
- I have discovered new hobbies and things I love to do. I have found that I really enjoy gardening, that it gives me a sense of calm and peace. I have also developed a love of writing, whether it be on this blog or personally, off-screen in a notebook. I have found new ways of being creative and enjoy spending time working on little projects.
- I have raised money for charity. I hosted a Mind Crafternoon back in December and raised £100 for the charity. I was amazed at how generous my friends were and how much fun we all had on the day. I’m working on my next Crafternoon event which should be taking place in July.
- I started this blog. I’ve had blogs in the past and posted things here and there, but this blog is different. I have spent time thinking about content, creating an editorial calendar, crafting posts, scheduling and all the other things that go along with blog writing. This blog has helped me to learn and develop skills, given me an outlet for my thoughts and I have gained so many friends through blogging too. It has become a huge part of my day to day life and is something that I never really thought could mean so much to me.
- I have done some traveling. It’s not that I have never traveled or anything, but I have always done it with friends, family, and boyfriends, traveling alone was always a super scary thought that I never really entertained. But now, I quite like it. I may never have left the UK on my own but I am pretty adept at traveling to London by myself now and even taking myself off on road trips to places.
- I gave up Facebook. This was a huge step for me as at one point I totally loved Facebook and it was part of my daily routine. But, something changed, back in January and, I found that I was just wasting time on there and not really enjoying it like I used to so I quit it. I deleted my account and now, it feels like it was never part of my life. It’s strange to think about how much time and energy I put into something that I couldn’t care less about now.