I love a product that has multiple uses and I think that coconut oil tops the list of multi-purpose products that I love! Today I am sharing my top 10 uses for coconut oil.
- Add to your morning coffee.
- Use as a toothpaste. I like to mix a tiny bit of coconut oil with baking powder or activated charcoal and use to brush my teeth.
- Oil pulling. This is a great way to clean your mouth after brushing your teeth.
- Face Cleanser. Just warm a little between your palms until it liquifies, rub in circular motions over the whole of your face then remove with a damp, warm cloth.
- All over moisturiser. I really like to use coconut oil where I have really dry skin, especially my legs after shaving.
- Hair treatment mask. Apply to dry hair, make sure the product is spread well over the hair, wrap hair in a warm towel and leave for up to an hour before washing and styling your hair as normal.
- Pet treat. I give Roxy coconut oil in her Kong toy as a replacement for peanut butter.
- Cooking. There are so many different recipes that you can substitute coconut oil for instead of other oils! Have a look online!
- Hair serum. I like to use coconut oil as a hair serum to tame flyaway hair. I warm a teeny bit in the palm of my hands and then lightly run my hands through my hair.
- Cuticle Oil. I have used loads of expensive cuticle oils in the past but have found that rubbing coconut oil into my cuticles every few days to be as effective as those products I used to buy.
Have you used coconut oil for anything? Let me know in the comments!