I was gifted this award by the lovely Ami who blogs over at Undercover Superhero and am delighted that she chose me as one of her nominations, Thank you so much, Ami!!! Ami has a fab blog that is all about superheroes, living with disability and is a blog full of positivity. Please go and say Hi and have a read of her blog!
There are some rules that go along with the nomination. It is by no means required to make a post if you are nominated, but here they are!
- Thank the blogger(s) for nominating you and give the link to their blog!
- Write a post on your site, displaying the award, that describes why you started your blog.
- Write 2 pieces of advice you have for new bloggers.
- Nominate (and notify!) 15 more bloggers that are awesome.
I started this blog as I had begun to miss blogging. In the past, I had a few different blogs that were very niche which I updated in a very ad-hoc manner. Because the blogs were so niche, and because of the names of the blogs I felt that I couldn’t add other topics into them and over time I just stopped blogging. I realised that I had started to miss writing and the whole blogging community, I wanted to write about my life, art and craft, DIY, fashion, tips and other things that I found interesting and so this blog was born.
In the time that I have been blogging, I have learned a few things and my 2 key pieces of advice to anyone on their blogging journey would be…
- Never compare yourself to any other bloggers. I know that this can be hard when there are some brilliant bloggers around, but, if you start to compare yourself then it will not just affect you, but your writing as well. Don’t get sucked into being envious of others because of the number of followers, likes or comments that others get, and don’t be jealous of another blogger for the content or images they share. If you find that you are starting to compare yourself then see if you can learn from what you are envious of, whether it be how to take better photos, write better and more engaging content or think of ways you could improve your blog to attract more readers.
- Never be afraid to try something. If you have an idea, then try it out and see what happens. You will never learn or grow if you are afraid to try new things. The worst that can happen is that the thing you try goes unnoticed and doesn’t go as planned. You can work with this and think of ways to improve on your idea. At the very worst, there is a delete button.
Ashleyleia of Mental Health @ Home