Forever running around, wasting time trying to find something, forgetting appointments or fed up with rushing everything? Todays Top 10 Thursday shares ways to be more organized!
- Put items in the same place. This goes especially for everyday items like keys and your purse/wallet. Doing this will save you so much time in the mornings as you will know where they are and not have to rush around looking for them.
- Make your lunch the night before. You can then, in the morning, just grab and go, knowing that you have a lovely, well thought out meal for lunch.
- Make lists. Whenever you think of something that you need to do or buy, write it down into a list. At the end of the day, you can move these items to the correct lists (like Tasks, Shopping, Reminders…) or cross off the things you don’t need.
- Use a diary. Write down all the important dates such as birthdays, anniversaries, and then write a reminder 2 weeks before to get a present and card, and sput in the post if necessary. Write in all other appointments too, so you know when things are happening and avoid clashes in your schedule.
- Check the weather using an app. Knowing what the weather is going to be like the following day can help with decisions such as what to wear or pack so you are never caught out.
- Choose your outfit the night before. Planning what to wear the following day takes the pressure off in the morning and can leave you time to dedicate to other matters. It will also help you to assess whether the outfit may need a repair or spot stains in advance.
- Set reminders. Your phone generally comes with an alarm that allows you to set several alarms a day and put notes with them. You can set alarms to remind yourself to take medication, complete certain tasks or schedule time for meetings.
- Carry a notebook and pen. You never know when you might want to write something down rather than make a note in your phone. It has been proved that writing can aid memory more than typing information so writing anything important down gives you a better chance at remembering it!
- Plan out your time. Sit down of an evening and think about how you want to use your time the following day and schedule time blocks for those activities. Not only will you get more done but working to a time table helps to use your time more efficiently.
- Wash your dishes straight after use. This will give you more space to use, save time and means you never have to waste time scrubbing dishes that you need!