I decided at the beginning of the year that I would not make any Resolutions or yearly goals but, rather, make monthly ones that were more easily obtainable, you can find all my Monthly Goal posts here.
Today I am looking at the goals I set myself last month and whether I achieved them and setting myself goals for March.
Here are last month’s goals and whether I managed them!
Blog and Social Media
- Learn how to use Twitter. I feel that there is a lot more to Twitter now than there was when I first had a twitter account. It has changed so much and there is so much to learn! I am able to follow people, like, comment and share tweets but that is as far as it has got so far! This, I think is going to be a continuing learning curve for me!
- Update my About Page. I had already created my new About page, so that went live on 5th February!
- Work on my content plan, ideas and blog schedule. This is another thing I can tick off as being done, at least for a few months…I have worked out my content plan, ideas and schedule for the next few months and have ideas written down for around 6 months worth of posts. All I need to do now is to keep updating my schedule and content plan!
- Plan/Host another dinner for Mum and Dad. I have yet to organise or plan another meal for my parents as my Dad hasn’t been too well recently. He is getting much better now though so I shall, hopefully be able to plan something for this coming month.
- Sort spare room cupboards. I made a start on tis and have moved a few things around but I still need to work on tidying it up a bit and making it more organised so this is an ongoing project!
- Make a start on the garden. I was hoping that the weather would have been better for me to be able to make a start on this but it has been a damp, rainy and cold month and only in the last few days it has started to get warmer and a little drier. Hopefully I will be able to make headway with this in March.
Art and Craft
- Start making cards. I managed to make a few cards, one being a card for my Mum’s Birthday. I had forgotten quite how time-consuming a process it could be! I might not make a ton of cards in the future but I would be happy to keep up making cards for friends and family and special occasions.
- Take more photos. I feel like I have definitely taken more photos this month and it has been nice to have an array of photos to choose from to share and also to look at. Having more photos to choose from has made my blog work a lot easier and has minimised the amount of time I have had to put aside to edit images too!
- Sort through my craft supplies and re-organise. Another work in progress…I didn’t realise how much stuff I actually owned and how spread out over the house it was! I did buy some small storage boxes from Flying Tiger and they worked really well to organise some of my smaller pieces, however when I went back to get some more they didn’t have any in stock so I need to go back and get more when they are available!
- Do my nails. I took off my old polish and have trimmed and filed my nails into a nice shape and I have been applying OPI Nail Envy to my nails as the medication I am taking has made them a bit fragile. They are starting to regain some strength but I don’t want to polish them just yet.
- Meal plan. I have a basic meal plan in place now which is good and seems to work for me, now I just need to work on sticking to it every day!
- Skin Care routine. I have got a skin care routine going now but I think I now need to focus on which products work best for me and get rid of all the products that really, just don’t do anything for my skin or work that well.
Blog and Social Media
- Increase my blog visibility and interaction. I now have Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Bloglovin’ that are linked to this blog, I now need to start using them at their fullest in order to get my blog seen by more people. I also want to make sure I am following all my blog friends on their social media channels too. If you have a social media account then please share your links below and I’ll be sure to follow!
- Social media content. I post to Instagram usually when a blog post goes live (though for the past few days I haven’t as I forgot…), Twitter, LinkedIn and Bloglovin’ are set to post automatically when a post goes live and Pinterest…well, I’m still trying to figure that one out… I need to work on using these platforms more often and posting things myself as well as automatically. I think, realistically, I need to come up with a social media content table and attempt to post and interact on all of the platforms for at least half an hour each day.
- Create a timetable of work/home hours. As I am doing a phased return to work over the next few months it would be beneficial for me to work out a timetable of my hours in work and at home so I can get a better overview of my work/life balance and see how everything will work in the long-term. It will also help me to schedule my time better for things like blogging and household chores.
- Pantry/Cupboard staples master list. I want to make a list of each item that I have in the cupboard that are staples – pasta, rice, soup, beans, pulses, herbs and spices etc, so I can use it as a check list when it comes to shopping. I am a nightmare for buying things like vinegar over and over (even with a shopping list!) when I don’t need it so a list would help to stop me from buying the wrong things!
- Start a virtual wardrobe. I have thought about this one for a long time and have decided to take photos of all my clothes, shoes and bags and then create a folder of outfits using the images that I take. I will then, hopefully, be able to come up with lots of different outfits rather than relying on the same looks all the time.
- Plan/Host a meal for Mun and Dad. Hopefully, now Dad is starting to feel better I will be able to plan and organise a meal for us all this month! I already have a few ideas for recipes that I would like to try!
- Organise the Spare Room Cupboards. I have a few hours set aside in the next few weeks which I would like to utilise to get this task completely finished and over and done with!
- Make a start on the Garden. Now that the days are starting to get warmer and the weather is getting drier I should be able to get out in the garden and finally make a start on getting it looking lovely for summer!
Art, Craft, Hobbies and Interests
You may have noticed that I have added Hobbies and Interests to this section. I have expanded the section to cover a few more things that are related in this category.
- Learn a few different styles of blog and social media photography. While I have had a little play around with flat lay photography I feel that my knowledge of this style of photography is lacking, both in the styling element and in the execution of the image. I also want to learn how to take good lifestyle snapshot images for social media use.
- Learn about creating perfumes/scent. I would really love to be able to make my own scent and know what sort of things I like and don’t like when it comes to perfume. I think that there is something really lovely about being able to create a fragrance that is your own and is unique so this month I will be spending some time researching how to create my own fragrance and sourcing some scents to use. Ideally I would like to make two versions of the same thing – a daytime sent that is softer and an evening one that is a bit stronger but that may be a bit too ambitious.
- Work on book idea. I have started making notes about an idea that I have for a book and I’d like to work on the notes some more and start working on a proper draft of it this month. Once I have all the basic ideas down I can work on a writing timetable, start putting it all together in a way that makes sense and make a start on all the other bookish things that need to be done!
- Finish Sorting and Organising Craft Supplies. Hopefully, by the end of March, this will be finished and all my craft things will be set out and organised nicely!
- Sort out hair/body/face care things. I seem to have accumulated a large stash of products and really need to sort them out before going and buying more things. One I have an idea of what I have got then I can start using them before spending money on things I already own!
- Dye hair. I used to dye my hair once a month but recently I have been able to get away with doing it every other month as the dye I use fades down from purple to a blue toned lilac then to a light blue colour but it’s now at the stage where I need to get my roots sorted which means bleaching the whole lot before dying it again.
- Sort out printer. I bought ink for my printer but when printing it doesn’t seem to like printing with the black ink and its missing bits when it prints too. I guess this is down to it not being used for a while and that it needs a good clean. I’m a bit frustrated that I’m not able to print things out properly so this is going to be a priority this month for me.
What goals do you have for this month?