It’s now 2020 and the start of a new decade, a whole 10 years have passed since 2010 and I am still struggling to comprehend where the last 10 years has gone! And even though it seems to have passed by quickly, 10 years is a really long time when you think about it. 36500 days, 876,000 hours, 52,560,000 minutes, and there is so much that has happened in that time globally, locally and personally.
I’m sure, wherever you are, you will have seen some of the news highlights of the past 10 years, whether it be celebrity news, economy, business or any other kind of news. Seeing these changes has made me think about my life over the past 10 years and things that have happened to me in that time so today I am sharing my “Decade of Highlights”.
- I was made redundant
- My brother and sister in law got married
- I passed my driving test
- I got accepted onto my Foundation Degree course in uni
- I became an auntie
- I worked 3 jobs in one go to fund myself through uni
- I passed my Foundation Degree and was accepted onto my BA (Hons Degree)
- I handed my notice in on 3 different jobs for different reasons
- I undertook a Nail Technologies course and passed
- I moved into my own home
- I got a full time, permanent job
- I got a dog
- I attended a ton of festivals all over the UK
- I got back in touch with old friends
- I started my blog
- I learned so many new skills that would be hard to even list
- I overcame fears
- I got diagnosed with Aspergers
- I have begun to understand myself
There are so many small things that have happened too but there really are too many to list, but the biggest thing that has happened is that I started 2010 with no real idea of what I wanted to do and have ended it, and begun 2020, with a solid idea of what I want to do and a plan of how I can achieve my goals! Hopefully, this coming decade will be the decade where all my dreams come true!
What are some of your highlights of the last decade? I’d love to hear in the comments!