I like to have a check list of things that I run through around a week before the big day – it gives me time to re-assess what needs doing, what has been done and anything that may have been overlooked.
Here’s how my list normally looks
Presents and Cards
- All Cards written and sent (the last day for UK mail to be sent in time for Christmas is 18/12/18)
- Presents bought (list names)
- Wrapped (cross through names)
- Presents still to buy (List Names and items next to names)
- Check if you need more paper, sellotape or tags
- All decorations put up
- Clean and mop floors
- Hoover – especially under the tree (live or fake, both shed!)
- Damp wipe surfaces and dust
- Tidy all main rooms guests will use
- Keep sink and kitchen sides clean and clear
- Make sure there are crackers for the table
- Check candles and candle holders if you are using candles as part of the table decoration
- Check that you have a lighter or matches that work!
- Create a Christmas song playlist – I use Spotify.
Food and Drink
- Run through menu and write a list of items needed (regardless of whether you think you have them!)
- Go through list and check items you have got and cross off what you already have
- Check drink levels – wines, spirits, beer, pop, juice, non alcoholic drinks (buy more if needed)
- Check party food (crisps, nuts, nibbles, cheese, crackers, chocolates and buy if needed)
- Make sure you have basic food (salad, bread, butter, soup, beans etc, again buy if needed)
- Check toilet roll supply
- Cling film
- Kitchen Roll
- Washing Up Liquid
- Antibac spray
- If you have a pet, make sure you have enough food for them
- Stock up on batteries
If I think of any more then I will be sure to add them to this list!
What are your final preparation check list items?