As we are now well into autumn I thought I would share my Top 10 Things To Do in Autumn!
- Wrap up in your warmest clothes and go for a walk in the woods or local park looking for conkers and crunching in the leaves.
- Make a hot chocolate, add whipped cream and marshmallows, curl up on the sofa with a good book and a blanket.
- Have a cosy evening in, light a scented candle, turn the lights off and watch a feel-good film.
- Have a hot bath, treat your skin and hair to some pampering – exfoliate, mask, moisturize then have an early night.
- Spend the day in your fluffiest, warmest PJs and socks doing something you enjoy – reading, playing games, writing, drawing….
- Cook your favourite seasonal food and sit and enjoy it with family or friends (some of my favourites include vegetable stew, jacket potatoes, chilli or vegetarian cottage pie.)
- Swap your summer clothes over to your winter ones in your wardrobe and spend some time creating new outfits from what you own.
- Treat your feet to a pedicure – warm water soak, exfoliate, trim your nails and paint them a lovely colour, not many people will see them admittedly but every time you do you will smile.
- Take a walk, with friends, to a local pub that has an open fire, order food and a tasty beverage and enjoy a good catchup.
- Re-organize your living space to become a cosy haven – think soft blankets, twinkly fairy lights, candles, cushions – anything you associate with cosy.
As someone who loves colour, I think that Autumn holds the greatest intrigue and inspiration for me.
This season I am really looking forward to
- The change in colours of the trees and foliage
- Cooler days and nights
- Wearing boots with everything
- Cozy nights in
- Stomping through crunchy leaves
- Looking for mushrooms
- Apples fresh from the tree
- Visits to the local pub to sit in front of the open fire
- The scent of bonfires on the air
- Autumn outfits
- The Apprentice starting on the BBC
These are some of the things I am looking forward to, what are you looking forward to this coming season? Let me know in the comments!
Considering that it is still August, the weather recently has started to turn more autumnal. The mornings and evenings are both starting to feel more chilly and I’m starting to think about my Autumn wardrobe.
Dressing in Autumn can be a bit hit or miss, some days it can still get really warm and others may be cooler and rainy and in order to feel comfortable in what I am wearing I need to dress for all sorts of weather. This is where layers come in really handy!
I like to layer long-sleeved tops under my summer dresses and add a thin cardigan over the top, and should the day warm up I can remove the long top or cardigan and still feel comfortable.
Another thing I like to do is utilise my leggings, wearing them under long skirts or dresses, or beneath thin trousers, or I will don a pair of tights under more summery clothing.
Footwear can be an awkward thing to figure out, it can still be warm enough for sandals but too wet to actually wear them. I really love lace-up canvas shoes in this transitional period as they are comfy to wear, can be bought in a ton of different colours, are light enough that feet don’t get overly hot but offer some protection from the weather. Another thing I am a huge fan of is wearing boots with summer dresses and bare legs though this is something that I end up doing when the rain is tipping down or it is particularly chilly.
I pack a small umbrella in my bag that then comes everywhere with me for those times when the rain appears from nowhere. I have a light mac that I wear over an outfit if the weather is set to be rainy much of the day or I pack a poncho if the day is set to be warm and wet.
How do you dress for the transition between seasons? I’d love to hear about your outfit choices in the comments!