This is one of those dishes that I have had made for me but never attempted to cook for myself. Maybe now I have written this post about Carrot & Broccoli Peanut Noodles I might actually get around to cooking this for myself!
- A head of broccoli cut into florets
- A carrot cut into small cubes
- A small onion, chopped finely
- Olive oil (just a drizzle)
- Noodles. You can use whichever noodles are your favourite.
- Peanut butter (2-3 tablespoons)
- Chilli powder (for heat)
- Soy sauce
- Fresh lime, juiced
- Garlic clove, minced
- Ginger, 1 teaspoon, minced
- Maple Syrup
- Place the carrots and broccoli florets onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil before placing in a pre-heated oven to roast for around 20 mins
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce (aim for an equal amount of both) and stir, once you have a smooth consistency add the lime juice, minced garlic and ginger and the chilli powder, stir until all is combined, taste the sauce and adjust the sweetness using the maple syrup added a little at a time. You can also adjust the heat by adding more chilli powder or leaving it out completely.
- Cook the noodles and once the veg has roasted combine with the noodles before adding the sauce.
I have had this dish with other veg added such as sweetcorn, beansprouts and cabbage shredded finely which have all been really tasty!