You may have read yesterday’s blog post where I shared with you my mental health struggles that have been compounded by the coronavirus outbreak and though I am still struggling I have been finding ways to cope with the anxieties I have at the moment.
I spent a lot of the day doing housework, or more specifically, deep cleaning my bathroom. I know that cleaning is not that high up on a lot of peoples “fun ways to spend time” lists but I find that it helps me a great deal, I can focus on what needs doing, how to clean and do the best job that I can. I put some music on (if you are interested I listened to Greenday’s Greatest Hits and Gomez’s Bring It On albums), sang and bleached and scrubbed and mopped for a good few hours.
I also, after sending a few pics to a friend and having a conversation with them, I was inspired to use the virus isolation in a positive way. So many of us are self-isolating and social distancing which can be hard for people, like me, who have mental health problems, but we are all doing incredible things at home to alleviate the boredom and finding ways to adapt to this new way of life. So, I created a new Instagram account (you can find it by searching @the_stay_home_club or by clicking here) which I want to use to share my own, and others, photos of fun things that they are doing while in isolation and staying at home. I want the space to be a place of positivity, fun and full of inspiration, hints, tips and recommendations that can be shared with others who are in the stay home club.
I would love to see photos of things that you are doing while at home, whether it is the space you now occupy while working, what you are cooking, creating, how you are spending your time, what you are wearing (I’ve been wearing pjs and a hoodie much of the day), are you trying out something new (whether it is some kind of fashion, hairstyle, recipe or DIY), what sort of projects you are doing with your kids or even projects that you are doing, things you are watching, reading, listening to or playing, or something that is making you smile. Anything that you are doing could inspire or help someone else and I want to help spread a little bit of positivity and inspiration to others using the powers of social media. But, I can’t do this alone so I am asking for you to do a few things for me
- Come and follow me on Instagram, tag your photos using the #the_stay_home_club and @the_stay_home_club so I can find and share your photos*.
- Share the account on your social media sites and ask your friends to get involved.
- If you don’t have Instagram and want to share any photos please email them to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will share them to Instagram for you**.
The more people that get involved the more positivity, inspiration and smiles will be shared. Together we can make these scary and uncertain times a little bit brighter.
Will you help to spread a few smiles with me?
- *credit will be given and your account tagged in any images that I re-post.
- **I will add your blog handle or blog address to any images that you would like shared. Alternatively, should you wish to remain anonymous let me know and I will just share them for you.