This morning I awoke to several notifications on my phone from WordPress…Nothing unusual there, but one of them was from My Quirky Friend who had nominated me for The Real Neat Blog Award! Thank you so much!!!! I’m so touched to have been considered for this award and, just like them, this is my first blog award!
Although a blogger doesn’t really need to participate in any award nominations, I don’t mind as it gives me a chance to show my appreciation to other bloggers. Plus, it’s free exposure should you wish to participate. Now, for the rules:
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.)
Answers to the questions I got asked by My Quirky Friend
- What inspired you to start blogging? I was inspired to start this blog as I wanted to start writing again. I had a few blogs in the past, and really enjoyed creating content and posting to them though they were a bit all over the place – I never blogged regularly and the blogs were too niche in topic to fully write about everything. While I was off from work I decided that I would like to start writing again and so, this blog was born!
- What’s the weirdest food/dish you enjoy eating? I love so many different foods but I think that the weirdest is strong cheddar and strawberry jam sandwiches (using white bread)!
- What is your favorite topic to blog about? I don’t really have one kind of topic that I enjoy writing more about than another, all of the topics I write about on this blog are ones I really enjoy writing about!
- What do you like to do in your down time? In my down time I really like to curl up on the sofa with a blanket, my dog Roxy, a glass of wine and watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix, read, work on my blog or do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Are there any other writers/bloggers in your family? No, but they are all pretty creative in their own way, my Mum is an awesome knitter, my Dad is really good at painting and drawing, my one brother are really good at technical things like fixing computers and cars and my youngest brother is good at cooking.
- How close do you live to the town/city you grew up in? I live about 3.5 miles from the town I grew up in and my parents still live in the house I grew up in too.
- What’s the best advice you have for other bloggers? Post regularly, interact with your followers, write about things you love, your hobbies, interests and what you have a passion for, don’t ever get disheartened by stats – they are there to guide you. And most of all, have fun and enjoy the process!
My Questions to You…
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
- What is your star sign, and do you show any of the signs traits in your personality?
- If you had £1000 given to you, how would you spend it?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your biggest dislike?
- If you could live anywhere where would it be?
- A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip
- Pointless Overthinking
- Revenge of Eve
- Giggling Fattie
- The Confusing Middle