The biggest thing that happened in 2021 was that I got married! You may remember me mentioning that I had a new boyfriend back in 2020 (see the post here). Since 2020 Rob has moved in with me, we got engaged in February 2021 and then got married on 3rd August 2021!
We got married during lock down, in some ways it was stressful planning the day when all the rules kept changing, especially regarding how many people we could invite, whether we had to wear face masks or not and whether we could have a wedding reception.
We decided on a small wedding, partly due to the ever changing COVID rules but also as we wanted something small and intimate. We had already decided that we didn’t want a wedding that we would be paying off way into the future and, to help us stay within budget, we kept the guest list small.
Here’s some photos and details of our wedding
Where – Our Local Registry Office
When – 03/08/2021 at 11:30am
- Mother of the Bride – Linda
- Father of the Bride – Brian
- Maid of Honour – Jesamine (my best friend)
- Bridesmaid – Charlotte (Rob’s daughter)
- Flower Girl – Ellie (my niece)
- Page Boy – James (my nephew)
- Best Man – Terry (Rob’s best friend)
- Witnesses – Vicky (Terry’s wife), Ben (my brother)
- Reader – Richard (my brother)
- Photos – Tiffany – Terry and Vickys daughter
- Guests – Egle (my sister in law, wife of Ben, mum to James and Ellie), Jordan (Charlotte’s boyfriend)
I walked down the aisle to Lonestar – Amazed and we had Neil Diamond – Hello My Friend playing while we signed the register. Our song that we chose to walk out to was Kiss – I Was Made For Loving You.
After the ceremony we all headed to a local pub for food and drinks.