I wrote recently, that I was trying to be more mindful of the things that I eat and try to make better food choices which have led to me buying a lot more fruit than I used to. Now, fruit on its own, while really nutritious can sometimes get a bit boring, so I have been looking at ways to enjoy fruit in other forms. Last month I shared with you some recipes and ideas for fruity ice lollies which are perfect for enjoying on these hot summer days. Today, I am continuing with the fruity theme and sharing a recipe for a breakfast smoothie that I treat myself to once or twice a week.
- Vegetable knife or vegetable peeler
- Serrated edge knife
- Coffee grinder
- 1/3 fresh pineapple
- 2 kiwis
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
- Fruit Juice
- Lemon juice (fresh if possible)
- 4 tablespoons of oats
- Using the coffee grinder, grind the oats to a fine powder then set aside
- Prepare the fruit by cutting and peeling. The serrated edge knife is really handy for preparing the pineapple.
- Add all fruit to the blender along with the juice of one lemon
- Start to blend. As the fruit breaks down add the fruit juice bit by bit until the consistency of the smoothie is pourable.
- Add the powdered oats and continue to blend for around 2 mins.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- Banana, strawberry and kiwi
- Strawberry, kiwi, melon and mint
- Pineapple, coconut and banana
- Mango, apple and banana
- Blueberry, raspberry, kiwi and banana
Do you have a favourite smoothie recipe? Let me know in the comments!